Friday, May 1, 2009

Baking is a Science

So, I've learned my lesson, don't change anything about a recipe when it comes to baking.  Today I was making some yummy Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies from scratch for a bake sale my Mom's group is hosting.  Turns out the recipe called for softened butter, oops, just bought the butter.  I figured I'll just nuc it at half power for 10-15 seconds, maybe that made them too runny.... I also tried to half the recipe since it said it made 5 dozen.  I didn't need quite that many. Anyway, it came down to a very crispy thin sheet of cookie once baked.  Edible if you needed to, but definitely not sellable.  

Luckily, I always keep some ready to bake Tollhouse cookies in my fridge.  I can at least show up with something to be sold at the bake sale.  Bummer, I was excited to see how the cookies from scratch would turn out,  next time I'll have to bake 5 dozen and follow the recipe to the T.   

No comments:

Post a Comment