Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen


I recently finished "Water for Elephants," by Sara Gruen, after my mother-in-law had finished and recommended it. I loved it!

The story is told by a man named Jacob Jankowski, who is 90 or 93 years-old, he can't exactly remember anymore. He tells the story as he is in a nursing home and having flashbacks to his life as a 23-year-old. During his first summer out of veterinary school he basically fell into a job as a veterinarian for a circus his first summer out of college. It includes all elements of a great story, love, suspense, and the commonality between all human beings. We all grow old and just hope that someday someone will want to hear our story, that is ultimately what Jacob wants.

I would definitely recommend this book, I enjoyed it through the ending and plan on reading more by Sara Gruen now.

No comments:

Post a Comment