Monday, September 28, 2009

"People of the Book" by Geraldine Brookes

I decided to try out this book, although I'd never previously read anything by this author. "People of the Book" had been chosen by my mother-in-law's book club, and I've enjoyed some of their other picks, so I thought I'd give this one a read. However, I gave up by page 80.

I found that this book moved a little too quickly with character's being involved with each other and not knowing anything about the characters previous to it. It struck me as a little strange, and it felt as if we were expected to already "like" the characters.

Well, needless to say, I have too many other books to read and decided to move on. I don't plan on reading any more by this author unless I hear endless raving by multiple people about a specific book. Hmmmm.... don't think that will happen anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment