Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Magic Hour" by Kristin Hannah


I have to say I absolutely loved this book. I would definitely have to categorize this one as "chick lit," but I have to give in to those books every once (or more than once) in a while.

"Magic Hour" is a fictional story about a child psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Cates, whose career is shattered by a scandal, which in turn also makes her a media target. As this is taking place in L.A., an unusual situation presents itself in Rain Valley, Washington. Dr. Cates is called back to her hometown due to young girl who emerges from the woods and seems to have been raised in the wild. This is the story of a woman who is beginning to doubt her own abilities and a young girl who doesn't understand the world around her and how they can save each other.

This was the first book by Kristin Hannah that I've read, but I definitely plan on reading more. As an author she writes in a style similar to Jodi Picoult. I really enjoy books from different vantage points as you really get to know all of the characters well throughout the book. I highly recommend "Magic Hour!"

No comments:

Post a Comment