Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yummy Tater Tot Casserole

Yesterday Little Man and I went over to visit friends who had welcomed a new arrival into their home.  He was so precious and I thought I would help out my friend by preparing dinner so it was one less thing she had to worry about for the day.  I brought over a comfort food type casserole that seemed to be quite a hit!  So, I thought I would post the recipe on here, it is easy and could even be prepped ahead of time, put in the fridge, and then put in the oven later.  

Yummy Tater Tot Casserole
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Frozen Tater Tots (enough to cover casserole)
Directions:
  • Heat oven to 375 degrees F.  Brown meat with onions in skillet, stirring occasionally, drain.  Spoon into 8x8 inch baking dish.
  • Mix soup and milk; pour over the meat mixture.  top with layers of the mixed vegetables, cheese and potatoes.
  • Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and the casserole is heated through. 
  • Serve up and wait for compliments!

No comments:

Post a Comment