Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bella's Mittens... Finally

I finally finished my Bella mittens last night!  I'd flown through the first one, but took the second one slower while I got caught up in other projects lately.  Since I have longer fingers I made the body and the thumb slightly longer than the pattern called for, with the cabling it took some work so that they didn't end up looking like they missed the cable.  If I did them again I also would have increased the length between the wrist and start of the thumb for me too.  Overall I love them and they will sure keep my hands warm.

What I'm most thrilled about is that I've gotten really good at using double pointed needles, knitters out there know that is an accomplishment that takes some practice!


You can find the pattern for these mittens on Ravelry.com, they are called Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault and are based on those worn by Bella in the movie "Twilight."

No comments:

Post a Comment