Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Handmade Christmas

This Christmas I tried to make a few handmade Christmas gifts, and they were a big hit!

First, I crocheted a scarf, called the "Mirror Lake Scarf," from the Naturally Caron website.  I made it for my sister-in-law in a burgundy red.  It came out beautiful and she really liked it.  Turns out I made it in her favorite color!


Then, I knit a scarf for my Mom, called "The Flower Scarf," from a free pattern on Ravelry.  I knit it in an alpaca/pima cotton blend and it came out very soft.  I also used a button and bead instead of knitting a bead for the center of the flower.  Beautiful!


Finally, I didn't leave out our favorite four-footed family members, nephew dog and brother dog received the same cable-knit sweaters in the perfect colors and sizes for them.  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment