Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Basic Toddler Scarf Pattern

So, I've decided to write my first pattern on the blog. It's a super-easy one, perfect for a beginner knitter who is comfortable with the knit/purl stitches. I made this ribbed scarf for my 2-year-old Little Man, the length could be adjusted for age.

I knitted this scarf with Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton, which is very soft, but feels like it can stand up to the abuse and repeated washings required by a toddler.


PATTERN:
CO 18 st
Row 1: (k2, p2) repeated until last 2 stitches, k2
Row 2: (p2, k2) repeated until last 2 stitches, p2,
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until scarf measures desired length. For Little Man I made it to be 38 inches long. Then bind-off as if knitting.

Hat pattern to come next, it is almost finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment