Monday, January 11, 2010

Ahhh.... the Relief!



I am happy to say that I finished all gift projects this holiday season in time to get them off the needles and wrap them! I made several gifts, but don't have pictures of all yet, hoping to get some from those who received them.... hint, hint ;o)

I made our niece beautiful little girly legwarmers for the ballerina that she has become. They were knit out of beautiful Dale of Norway Baby Ull Yarn in light pink, medium purple and lime green stripes. She loved them! I also gifted them with light pink tights and a pink tutu skirt. Every little girl's dream!

For one of my sister-in-law's I knitted a cozy ribbed knit scarf. I used the so soft Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton in a pretty green called Pistachio, it turned out so plush and cushy. I loved the way the yarn knit up!

For Hubby I knit a great man's striped scarf out of Sublime's Cashmere Merino Silk Aran yarn. I love the feel of the yarn, it is so soft when it knits up too. It is a charcoal scarf with sage green striping, just the right amount of contrast for him. Catch the picture, that's it!

Friends of ours had a new baby on New Year's Day, and I finished a lovely Hearts and Stars blanket to keep the baby cozy through the rest of the winter. She loved it so much that she fell asleep as soon as she was in her new cocoon. I loved holding her and can't wait to see her again, (see that picture too) they grow up so fast. So, I wonder who's having a baby next, I should probably get started on the blanket now...

Now I've started getting ideas for what to make people for next Christmas. I think if I start now, I can get it done, oh maybe by December 23rd this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment