Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Little Man Meets Milkshakes

Within the last few weeks Little Man has learned how to use a straw. He has wanted to try in the past, but it has usually been when I've had a caffeinated beverage I couldn't share.  When it's something he can't have I just tell him it's "Hot!" and keep it away from him so he can't really feel that it is cold.  At least hot things are definitely not things he wants right now, anything warmer than room temperature is hot to him right now.  

A few weeks ago I got a Chick-fil-a peach milkshake, yummmm... Little Man decided it looked so good he had to give the straw a try. Before I knew it peaches were going up the straw!  Oh my gosh, I didn't expect him to catch on, I thought he'd give it 5 seconds get frustrated and quit.  No luck, so I look at it as a reason to get a Chick-fil-a milkshake once and awhile.  Cookies 'n cream is our flavor of choice.  So yummy.  

Today we were at the mall, it was lunchtime, so I got the chicken nugget meal and substituted a milkshake for the soda.  You have to pay a little extra, but I'd rather get the calcium, that's the excuse I have for milkshakes!  I shared the whole meal with Little Man, I've found he still eats so little of a meal it would be a waste of moo-la to get him his own.  Boy, did he go crazy afterward as we walked around the mall. I've never seen Little Man so happy, giggly and dancing around with his arms to his own tune as he rode around in his stroller. A couple of little girls even asked me why he was laughing so much! All I could say was he'd had some sugar. I love having the reason to get milkshakes and sharing them with Little Man makes them even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment