Thursday, January 1, 2009

Knitting my First Sweater

I've been working for a little over a month on my first sweater. I've chosen the February Lady Sweater as my project of choice. Of course, since this is the first real project where I've had to worry about gauge I had to start and restart, and restart, and restart,..... well you get the idea.

I picked a Cascade 220 Superwash yarn in a blue grey color that I believe will turn out beautifully with pearlized buttons. I'm hoping that will make it both casual and dressy. This sweater is a cardigan style with 3 buttons at the top and then it hangs loosely open. The sleeves are 3 quarter and most of the sweater is made up of a gull lace pattern. Although the lace took me a while to straighten out I think it is starting to look great. Will keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment