Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trying to Sneak in Some Veggies!

This week I decided to attempt to sneak more veggies in Little Man's diet. Something that can be a little hard to do at times now, it's all a texture thing. I decided that I would finally pull out my cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld.

The first recipe I tried was the Chicken Nuggets. I chose Smart Chicken which has no hormones or antibiotics and pureed some yummy sweet potatoes to use too. Little Man loved it! It was the first time I've heard him say "more," for something I've actually wanted him to eat in awhile. The Hubby loved it too, the consensus was I need to make this one again.

The second recipe I made was Macaroni and Cheese, which I made with both pureed cauliflower and pureed northern beans in the sauce. Surprisingly, Little Man is not a fan of mac and cheese, the only kid I've ever heard of actually. Hubby and I enjoyed it as a way to sneak protein into an otherwise protein-free meal. Little Man ate a little, but maybe he just wasn't that hungry.

I will try more this week and see what passes and what doesn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment